TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm not just talking about boat docks, although it is likely
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm not just talking about boat docks, although it is likely

Posted by LJZTT on June 25, 2018 at 3:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 220 times.

In Reply To I would look at it more as...the gas is the blend. posted by not4resaleZ on June 25, 2018 at 01:01 PM

Message the exact same gas as what is available at nearby stations, but I'm referring to the stations that are within a short drive of the lake.

I fully understand that gas is a blend to begin with, but something changed right around '05 in that blend and the excuse is always environmental, but the reality was something different and everyone with a gas motor more than 10 years old has paid the consequences, literally.

I bought a '96 Tacoma as a DD when I moved from Germany to FL. The Tacoma spent the last 18+ years in upstate SC in lake country. All original fuel system no issues, local stations there sold ethanol-free gas ever since "ethanol became a thing" many years back. I drive the truck for less than 6k miles in south FL, where gas station fuel is almost all e-blends of one degree or another, and the injectors promptly start to die. I just replaced all 6, no additional issues for 20k or so.

So clearly not all 2018 "ethanol-free" gas is created equal. In SC it keeps motors running, for you in your locale the opposite. It would seem this sort of old school pre-ethanol "ethanol-free gas" is just fine and whatever other blend of ethanol-free is out there is an issue.

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.